If you are designing your own home and you are looking for a unique décor, you have come to the right place, as we take a look at a few wall coverings that you might not have considered.
- Frieze moulding – Stunning hand-painted cornice (called ติดบัวฝ้าเพดาน in Thai) adds sophistication to any space, with white and gold creating luxurious moulding that is custom-made and fitted by skilled joiners. The ceiling line is stark and adding a Frieze moulding throughout, coupled with elegant skirting and architrave really adds a touch of luxury and sophistication.
- Textured finishes – An experienced plasterer can weave his magic to create artistic shapes and contours, and any colour can be perfectly matched. Of course, this would not be a feature for every wall, select a single wall in your lounge for a unique look.
- Stone tiles – Fine granite and marble offer amazing natural spirals and colours; perfect for bathrooms and kitchens, fine stone ticks all the homeowner’s boxes, is easy to clean, durable and requiring zero maintenance. They come in a wide range of sizes to ensure you have the right look. Search online for a leading Thai stonemason who polished high-grade stone to order and transform your home.
- Rag rolling – This was big in the 1970s, which leaves a unique marble effect; paint the wall in one colour and when it is dry, soak a rag in a contrasting colour and roll in along the wall. YouTube hosts a few rag-rolling videos that show you how to apply this technique.
- Timber panels – Oak is ideal for a study and while there are some great timber-like composites, nothing beats polished oak panels with architrave and skirting to match. Pine is another cool species for panelling and if you can afford it, teak and ebony are perfect for furniture. Quality wood must be cared for in the proper manner if you want it to look its very best.
- Cork – Cork wall tiles are thinner than floor tiles and if you are looking for a stunning natural wall covering, look no further than cork. Colours range from light beige to almost black and with a few coats of polyurethane, the walls are protected. For the best selection of natural cork tiles, start with a Google search for an established Bangkok-based flooring company, as they stock floor and wall tiles.
With a little creativity, you can transform your interior with stylish and elegant wall coverings.